The fight to end polio
THE OBJECT OF
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
• FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
• SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and
the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
• THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, bus-iness, and community life;
• FOURTH. The advance-ment of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
WHAT IS ROTARY?
We are 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world. Our differing occupations, cultures, and countries give us a unique perspective. Our shared passion for service helps us accomplish the remarkable.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Our distinct point of view and approach gives us unique advantages:
• We see differently: Our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
• We think differently: We apply leadership and expertise to social issues—and find unique solutions.
• We act responsibly: Our passion and perseverance create lasting change.
• We make a difference at home and around the world:
Our members can be found in your community and across the globe.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our impact starts with our members—people who work tirelessly with their clubs to solve some of our communities' toughest challenges. Their efforts are supported by Rotary International, our member association, and The Rotary Foundation, which turns generous donations into grants that fund the work of our members and partners around the world. Rotary is led by our members—responsible leaders who help to carry forward our organization's mission and values in their elected roles.
HOW DID WE GET HERE?
We've been making history and bringing our world closer together for over 100 years. Since forming in 1905, we've taken on some of the world's toughest challenges and helped a wide range of international and service organizations—from the UN to Easter Seals.
HOW DO WE USE OUR FUNDS?
Responsible leadership means more than just doing good work—it means making the most out of every donation we receive. We have identified specific causes to target to maximize our local and global impact. At the same time, we understand that each community has its own unique needs and concerns. Through our network of resources and partners, we help clubs focus their service efforts in promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, saving mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ROTARY VISIT: www.rotary.org